02nd OF December
What role does silicon play in the growth of wheat?
Studies have shown that for every 100 bushels of wheat harvested, 110 lbs. of silicon are removed from the soil. Make sure you’re replenishing this crucial nutrient in your soil before planting each year to keep your wheat happy, healthy, and abundant!
Benefits of silicon in wheat production:
- Resistance to lodging
- Increased protein content and yield
- Decreased susceptibility to fungal diseases, leaf rust, and other biotic and abiotic stresses
- Silicon helps to strengthen and keep leaves upright, leading to more efficient light interception and nitrogen use
- Higher photosynthesis rates
- Decreased transpiration, meaning wheat can retain the water it needs
- Prevents excessive uptake of metals like aluminum and iron
Get the best results possible with Plant Tuff Silicon pHertilizer
Contact a sales representative today!